Coronavirus updates & What’s Open
On Saturday 5 June 2021 we moved to Level 1 under the Scottish Governments new structure of local Covid protection levels.
As we move to Level 1 restrictions we will reopen services under the phases we published on 14 April.
Live Borders and Scottish Borders Council outlined dates for the phased reopening of further services across the region as the COVID-19 situation continues to improve.
Both organisations are working in close partnership as a regional COVID recovery plan is developed, focused on restarting services, promoting health and wellbeing, supporting vulnerable people, reinvigorating the local economy and seizing new opportunities.
Both Live Borders and the Council recognise how much customers, communities and visitors value these services, which range from swimming pools to museums. The jointly agreed reopening plan acknowledges this while also taking into account a range of other current factors, which include the vital support being provided through Live Borders facilities and their staff for the critically important COVID vaccination programme, ongoing Test and Protect, and where services cannot be delivered through alternative means.
What is opening and when?
Below is the provisional reopening schedule. Click on the facilities below to see initial opening times.
Please note that Scottish Government restrictions of social distancing and pre-booking will likely remain in place for some weeks to come, which will affect the maximum capacities we can operate. We will expand our services as restrictions ease.
Members can book sessions eight days in advance, while non-members can book five days in advance.
For any customer queries, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and the your question. To talk with our team, we have a dedicated phone line, please call 01450 390 511. Office hours are 09:00-17:00 Monday to Friday and 10:00-13:00 on Saturday.
|Facility||Opening Date||Bookings Live|
|TriFitness||Monday 26 April||Monday 19 April|
|Teviotdale Leisure Centre||Monday 26 April||Monday 19 April|
|Kelso Swimming Pool||Monday 26 April||Monday 19 April|
|Galashiels Swimming Pool||Tuesday 27 April||Wednesday 21 April|
|Eyemouth Leisure Centre||Wednesday 28 April||Thursday 22 April|
|Selkirk Leisure Centre||Wednesday 28 April||Thursday 22 April|
|Peebles Swimming Pool||Friday 30 April||Tuesday 27 April|
|Tweedbank Gym||Monday 3 May||Tuesday 27 April|
|Gytes Leisure Centre||Monday 3 May||Tuesday 27 April|
|Jim Clark Motorsport Museum||Saturday 15 May||Saturday 1 May|
|Heritage Hub||Thursday 20 May|
|Kelso High School Gym||Monday 17 May||Monday 17 May|
|Mobile Library Service||Monday 31 May|
The services being prioritised for reopening will also help to:
• support getting communities active and, consequently, healthier again following the lockdown period;
• support the local visitor economy by attracting those taking staycations, and
• generate income for Live Borders, thereby helping to subsidise the delivery of a wide range of the charity’s other services.
Key reopening dates:
• w/c 26 April – Health and fitness sites, including gyms and swimming pools
• 17 May – Jim Clark Motorsport Museum; Heritage Hub, Hawick
• 31 May – Mobile Library & Home service
• 28 June – Start of a phased reopening of museums and galleries
• 16 August – Indicative start of a phased re-opening of libraries, library contact centres and standalone contact centres. Earlier opening may be possible in certain circumstances
• 30 August – Halls and Community Centres operated by Live Borders
• TBC – Live Borders facilities which are currently supporting COVID-19 vaccination and testing programmes.
In order to comply with the strict social distancing, sanitising, and pre-booking operating requirements, services will not be able to reopen to pre-COVID opening times or capacities.
The robust and proven alternative provisions of Connect & Collect – where library books can be ordered online and collected from the mobile library – the comprehensive eLibrary catalogue and the restart of the mobile library service will be available to customers until the start of a phased re-opening of library buildings from 16 August.