eBooks and eAudioBooks
Read and Listen to your favourite books for free with Live Borders, in conjunction with Borrowbox!
Browse, borrow and download a digital eBook/eAudiobook from home or on the go free as part of your Live Borders’ library membership. Titles are added to regularly so check back often to see our new additions.
What is an eBook?
- An eBook is an electronic book that you can download and read on any devices such as a PC or laptop; eReader; iPod; smart phone or tablet.
What is an eAudiobook?
- An eAudiobook is an electronic talking book that you can download and listen to on any MP3-compatible device. You can also download to a USB memory stick using the People’s Network computers in the libraries.
Enjoy your titles on the move
You can download the BorrowBox App to use on mobile devices, smartphones, iPads and tablets – available from the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store. Once installed use ‘Live Borders Libraries’ as the Library. For more information ask at your local library.
Create your BorrowBox account – sign up online using a PC/laptop or use the Borrowbox app on your mobile device or tablet.
You will need:
– Your library card number and PIN
– Access to the internet
– PC/laptop or suitable portable device or tablet.
If you do not know your PIN, contact staff at your local Library – please have your library membership card handy. If you are not a library member find out more about joining.
You can borrow up to 8 titles at a time (4 of each) for two weeks. You can also reserve titles if they are on loan to someone else. At the end of your loan period the loan automatically expires, so you do not have to return them.
– Visit the BorrowBox website or use the BorrowBox app to see the titles
– Borrow or reserve the title you want to listen to
– Confirm the loan
– Download and enjoy.
Please remember you must delete the files from your PC/Laptop at the end of the 14-day loan period. The BorrowBox app will delete the files automatically.