Theory Test Pro
Theory Test Pro is a highly realistic online simulation of the UK’s driving theory test. It contains the official practice test question bank, hazard perception video clips and an online version of the Highway Code. All this material is licensed from the Driving Standards Agency (DSA), the people who set the tests.
Access to Theory Test Pro is completely free for residents who call in to any of our libraries. Library members can also access Theory Test Pro from outside the libraries using their library card number.
How to sign up for Theory Test Pro
When you first use Theory Test Pro, you will need to register with your name, email address and password. There is no charge for this. This information allows Theory Test Pro to save your test scores so you can follow your progress as you practice for the test.
You will need a valid email address to sign up for Theory Test Pro.
If you sign up from home or anywhere else outside of the library, you will also need a valid library barcode number, available on your library card. Sign up online here.
The British Way of Life
The most comprehensive, and free, programme to help new arrivals understand the British Way of Life. With full human English speech throughout and over 400 pages of useful knowledge as well as fun quizzes after each topic The British Way of Life contains all the basic facts and information required as well as links to many useful websites including government and NHS.
Register on the British Way of Life website with your name, library and library membership number.
Sign up to study all or part of the Microsoft Office packages along with Windows 7 and Windows 8 courses at Studyit Online. Courses available:
– MS Office Access 2010, 2013, 2016
– MS Office Excel 2010, 2013, 2016
– MS Office Internet Explorer
– MS Office PowerPoint 2010, 2013, 2016
– MS Office Word 2010, 2013, 2016
– MS Office Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016
– Windows 7 and Windows 8
When you have enrolled for your course you can access –
– Free access to online courses to improve your skills on specific topics
– An assessment feature to check your progress and suggest areas for further study
– Quick and easy access to the software you will need
– Register and study from our PCs in your local library or from home.
– Study any of the courses available without sitting official tests*
*If you want to get the ECDL qualification you can use these online courses to acquire the relevant skills but you will need to sit tests themselves with an accredited test centre. Please note that although we do not charge for the courses the test centre may charge.