Home to some of the world’s best cycling the Scottish Borders aims to offer Border cyclists the best possible start in the sport. Live Borders in partnership with the National Governing Body, Scottish Cycling and local clubs hosts the Borders Cycling Development Group.
The Development Group has a programme of events and activities aimed at promoting the development of the sport by supporting clubs, coaches, participants, events, officials and facilities. Along with encouraging coach and officials education the group supports the following programmes, more information can be found on our player Pathway Page:
• Cycle Skools. A chance to take part in cycle sport and learn new skills.
• Summer and Easter Camps. Making the most of our reputation as one of the world’s best MTB playground.
• Rider Development Squads. P1-3 and P4-7 weekly sessions at Tweedbank.
• ARDS: The Advanced Rider Development Squad, taking our riders through an important transitional period in their cycling lives.
• Borders Annual School XC Championships. A chance to race for all but our youngest riders.
• Sports Academy. Residential sports camp for older teens.
And all this leads to adult participation and lifelong enjoyment through our network of clubs.
For more information contact Cycling Development Officer firstname.lastname@example.org