Could you be a
Do you have a couple of hours a month you could dedicate to helping others?
Live Borders are looking for volunteers to help sustain, grow and develop some of our programmes across the charity and we need more volunteers to be able to achieve this!
We are looking to recruit people across the Scottish Borders who can become part of our team and help us to expand and support areas such as Macmillan Move More, Health classes, Active Schools, Sports Development and programmes run by Libraries and Museums.
Volunteers are an integral part of our programmes and without them we wouldn’t be able to run the activities that we currently offer.
Where do we need more volunteers?
We are currently looking for volunteers to help lead and support the following Health activities:
- Walk Leaders to help support our new Walk and Talk Book Groups. If you have an interest in reading and walking then we need you! The Walk and Talk Book Groups will be launched this summer and we need your help to do so.
- Walk Leaders to lead our Macmillan walks for people affected by cancer.
- Gentle Movement volunteers to lead our weekly classes for people affected by long term health conditions. The class uses moves similar to Tai Chi and Qigong and is a relaxing sociable class.
What are we looking for?
- We are looking for people who are reliable and have good time keeping skills.
- People who are open, warm and have a friendly manner.
- Individuals who must have good communication and listening skills.
What can you gain from this opportunity?
- Full training will be provided in any of the programmes you choose to be involved with.
- Regular support from your team and staff who you will be volunteering for.
- The opportunity to develop new skills.
- The chance to meet new people.
- Being a support system for many people in the community and most of all helping others.
For more information and to apply please call Charlotte Jones:
Tel: 0746917777 email: email@example.com
We are always looking to grow our extra-curricular programmes and to do this we need new volunteers to help us. Whether you can spare an hour or a few days, there is always something you can do. In particular, we are looking for support in running lunchtime and after school clubs – by offering a wide and varied programme, we hope to encourage as many pupils as possible to take part.
Full training and support would be given throughout your volunteering. An hour a week for six weeks, or assisting at a one-off festival, any contribution you could make would be greatly appreciated; we would make sure it worked for you, delivering only what you felt confident in delivering.
Volunteering can be an exciting, rewarding and enjoyable experience, which can offer opportunities to improve a whole range of social and interpersonal skills. If you are interested in helping inspire and develop the next generation, while building your own confidence and knowledge, please get in touch!