Getting you back safely
We’re excited to welcome you back to our leisure centres and to make sure your visit is as safe as possible, we’ve put new hygiene measures in place at our gyms, pools and fitness classes in line with coronavirus regulations.
Your cooperation, along with the safety measures and all the efforts from our staff, will help keep our leisure centres safe for everyone.
Please take the time to familiarise yourself with our new measures and some of the changes we have made.
The below video details the safety procedures we’ve put in place, what you can do to prepare for your visit, and what to expect while you’re there.
Before you arrive at a Live Borders facility, you need to:
- Check your online account is up to date or register a new account. Follow this link for a step by step guide.
- Book a timeslot via the Live Borders website.
- Arrive on time. If you arrive early, you’ll need to queue outside and if you arrive late, you won’t be allowed access to the facility.
- Be changed into your activity clothes and shower at home if possible, as we’re limiting access to showers and changing rooms.
- Bring your own water bottle, towel and hand sanitiser, if possible.
Our staff will be doing everything they can to keep our leisure centres clean, but there are some measures that we’re asking you to help with…
How we are keeping you safe in our facilities?
Upon entering the leisure centre, you’ll notice a hand washing or hand sanitisation station, which you should use.
Around the facilities, you may see:
- A one-way system that you should follow at all times
- COVID-19 safety signs and floor stickers instructing you to keep to a safe distance
- Sanitisation stations that you should use in between activities and using any equipment
For any gym, swim or fitness class session that you book, you’ll be given a one-hour time slot to ensure that everyone has a chance to visit our facilities. This time slot includes entering the building, conducting your activity and leaving the building.
What safety measure will there be at the gym?
Because of COVID-19, our gym cleaning standards across our leisure centres have increased.
Staff will be cleaning the gym, equipment and spaces with disinfectant regularly throughout the day and every night.
When you attend the gym, we ask that you:
- Come dressed and ready for your workout. Access to changing rooms won’t be permitted and bags will not be allowed onto the gym floor.
- Observe the one-way system in place around the gym.
- Use the gym cleaning stations that have hand sanitiser, medical-grade disinfectant and sanitising gym wipes regularly.
- Thoroughly clean all equipment before and after use with the cleaning materials provided.
- Please refrain from moving equipment around the gym and always return to its original place after use.
- Conduct solo gym workouts. This means you will not be able to use any equipment that requires a spotter (unless from the same household).
What safety measure will there be at the swimming pool?
As changing rooms and showers will be limited, we’re asking everyone who attends a swim session to come ‘beach ready’ with their swimming gear on under their clothes and having showered at home.
Swimming pools will have:
- No more than 24 swimmers in the pool at any time
- Double-width lanes so you can keep to a safe distance.
- Chlorine disinfectant in the water management systems, which complies with the government’s regulations and is proven to disinfect pathogens, including viruses such as COVID-19.
- No overtaking to ensure a safe distance at all times
What safety measure will there be at fitness classes?
A hygiene station will be at the entrance of all fitness class studios. Please sanitise your hands as you enter.
Fitness classes will have:
- Capped attendance, so class-goers can keep to a safe distance at all times
- No shared equipment
- A dedicated ‘pod’ where you will work out and enjoy your class
- Time dedicated to sanitising your hands and wiping down any equipment both before and after use with the cleaning products provided
Exercise mats for classes such as Body Balance will be provided but please ensure you clean them before and after use with the sanitiser and paper towel provided. You can also bring your own mat with you.