Get active this summer
Get your young ones active during the holidays with our Junior Summer Pass!
Children aged 11 to 15 will be able to take advantage of this offer which gives access to our gyms* (excludes fitness classes & TriFitness).
Parental supervision is essential when using the gyms with this pass – see information and times below.
A junior pass is great value at just £15 and expires Monday 19 August 2019.
To join, see staff at your local Live Borders facility who will take you through the sign up process with your parents/guardians.
Eyemouth Leisure Centre – Monday to Friday 13:00-15:00, Saturday & Sunday 12:00-14:00
Gytes Leisure Centre – Monday to Friday 09:00-20:00, Saturday & Sunday 09:00-13:00
Kelso High School – Monday to Friday 18:00-21:00, Saturday & Sunday 09:00-11:00
Selkirk Leisure Centre – Monday to Friday 13:00-16:00
Teviotdale Leisure Centre – Monday to Friday 09:00-16:00, Saturday & Sunday 09:00-14:30
Tweedbank Sports Complex – Monday to Friday 09:00-16:00
Parental Supervision in gyms
A parent/guardian can accompany those between the age of 11 and 15 while attending the gym if:
- Both parent/guardian and child have undergone a full induction by a qualified member of Live Borders’ staff which is specific to the gym in question and a specific programme created by an appropriately qualified Live Borders’ instructor is being followed.
- Parent/guardian complete and sign the ‘Adolescent Parental Supervision Disclaimer’ form to accept their primary responsibility.
- Access to free weights is prohibited. As above, any exercises performed with free weights by children will only be done under close supervision by a qualified instructor.
- Access to children under the age of 11 is strictly prohibited.
- The ratio of parent/guardian to young person(s) should be decided upon considering relevant factors such as size of gym, equipment available, background staffing, age of young person etc, but no more than 1:4 is recommended.