Visiting our Libraries
We have put together some information points that may help you with any queries you have when planning a visit to your local library.
When visiting the Library we ask that customers:
- Stay at home if they feel unwell
- Return all library stock, don’t worry if it is late – you won’t be charged!
- Use the hand sanitisers that we have in our libraries (even on gloves)
- Limit their time in the building
- Ensure that only one person at a time is using the Public Access Computers and for a maximum of one hour
- Ensure all children 12 and under, are accompanied by an adult when visiting the library
- Use the self-service issue machines where available, our staff are happy to show you how these work
- Wear a mask or face covering, unless exempt for medical reasons
To ensure a safe and enjoyable visit our library staff will:
- Have enhanced cleaning procedures in place to ensure all areas are clean and safe
- Have installed screens at all Library desks as a safety measure
- Provide hand sanitiser for all visitors
- Clean and sanitise computers after every use
When using the printing or photocopying service:
- Libraries will accept card or cash payments, when paying by cash, please have exact change if possible
Toilet facilities in the Library:
- Toilet facilities are available in some libraries, but not all libraries will have this facility. We ask that customers clean down areas after using with the cleaning materials provided.