Getting you back safely
We are excited to welcome you back to our facilities and to make sure your visit is as safe as possible, we’ve put new hygiene measures in place at our gyms, pools and fitness classes in line with COVID-19 regulations.
Your cooperation, along with the safety measures and all the efforts from our staff, will help keep our leisure centres safe for everyone.
The below video details the safety procedures we’ve put in place, what you can do to prepare for your visit, and what to expect while you’re there.
Before you arrive at a Live Borders facility, you’ll need to:
- Book a timeslot via the Live Borders website.
- Arrive on time. If you arrive early, you’ll need to queue outside and if you arrive late, you won’t be allowed access to the facility.
- Be changed into your activity clothes and shower at home if possible, as we’re limiting access to showers and changing rooms.
- Bring your own water bottle, towel and hand sanitiser, if possible.
Our staff will be doing everything they can to keep our facilities clean, but there are some measures that we’re asking you to help with…
How we are keeping you safe in our facilities
Upon entering the leisure centre, you’ll notice a hand washing or hand sanitisation station, which you should use.
Around the facilities, you may see:
- One-way systems that you should follow at all times.
- Safety signs and floor stickers instructing you to keep to a safe distance.
- Sanitisation stations that you should use in between activities and using any equipment.
Our staff have also undertaken increased training modules on COVID-19 prevention and have been instructed to use cleaning kits as often as possible.
For any gym, swim or fitness class session that you book, you’ll be given a one-hour time slot to ensure that everyone has a chance to visit our facilities. This time slot includes entering the building, conducting your activity and leaving the building.
What safety measures will there be at the Gym?
Our gym cleaning standards across our leisure centres have increased. Staff will be cleaning the gym, equipment and spaces with disinfectant regularly throughout the day and giving the gyms a deep clean every night.
When you attend the gym, we ask that you:
- Come dressed and ready for your workout. Access to changing rooms won’t be permitted and bags will not be allowed onto the gym floor.
- Use the gym cleaning stations that have hand sanitiser, medical-grade disinfectant and sanitising gym wipes regularly.
- Wipe down machines, weights or mats before and after use with the cleaning materials provided.
- Conduct solo gym workouts. This means you will not be able to use any equipment that requires a spotter.
What safety measures will there be at the Swimming Pools?
As changing rooms and showers will be limited, we’re asking everyone who attends a swim session to come ‘pool ready’ with their swimming gear on under their clothes and having showered at home.
Swimming pools will have:
- No more than 8 swimmers in each lane of a 25-metre pool.
- Double-width lanes so you can keep to a safe distance.
- Chlorine disinfectant in the water management systems, which complies with the government’s regulations and is proven to disinfect pathogens, including viruses such as COVID-19.
When using the pool, please don’t overtake other swimmers to allow for a safe distance at all times.
What safety measure will there be for Fitness Classes?
Fitness classes will be held outdoor until further resrtictions ease on Monday 17 May. Restrictions include:
- Reduced capacity, so class-goers can keep to a safe distance at all times.
- Time dedicated to sanitising your hands and wiping down any equipment both before and after use with the cleaning products provided.
Exercise mats for classes will be provided but please ensure you clean them before and after use with the sanitiser and paper towel provided. You can also bring your own mat with you.
For any other queries, please read our FAQ’s