Healthier, happier, stronger
Live Borders is the culture, sport and leisure trust for the Scottish Borders. At the heart of our work is a commitment to make our communities healthier, happier and stronger.
We offer residents and visitors to the Scottish Borders a wealth of services that inspire positive lifestyle choices, through the use of our libraries, leisure and sports centres, museums, galleries and archives, country park, cinema, town halls and community centres.
We are a charity: every penny you spend with us is reinvested into supporting active, creative and healthy communities in the Scottish Borders.
Registered charity number: SC034227 and registered company number: SC243577.
Under OSCR General Guidance 2005 the Company’s purposes are to provide or assist primarily for the benefit of the community and visitors of all ages to the administrative area of the Scottish Borders and any surrounding areas each of the following:
A) the advancement of:
- the arts, heritage, culture and science
- health through helping people improve or maintain their health
- education through the wide variety of facilities, services, programmes, training courses and cultural, arts, heritage and science events, activities, collections and exhibitions which are provided by or organised through Live Borders
- community development and rural regeneration; and
- the provision of facilities and services, areas for recreational, sporting or other leisure time occuptaion in the interests of social welfare, such facilities being provided to the public at large save that special facilities may be provided for persons who by reason of their youth, age, infirmity, povery or social or economic circumstances may have need of special facilities and services.
The charitable purposes from the 2005 Act which are applicable are:
B) the advancement of education
D) the advancement of health
F) the advancement of citizenship or community development (including rural or urban regeneration and the promotion of civic responsibility, volunteering, the voluntary sector or the effectiveness or efficiency of charities)
G) the advancement of the arts, heritage, culture or science
I) the provision of recreational facilities, or the organisation of recreational activities, with the object of improving the conditions of life for the persons for whom the facilities or activities were primarily intended.
Live Borders was established in 2003 as a non profit distributing company, to operate and manage sport and leisure facilities on behalf of Scottish Borders Council. In 2011, Live Borders (known at that point as Borders Sport and Leisure Trust) transferred the additional services of Active Schools and Sports Development from Scottish Borders Council into the BSLT family. On 1st April 2016, Cultural Services were transferred from Scottish Borders Council and our organisation was rebranded, to reflect our larger and broader remit, as Live Borders.
Our vision is for everyone living, working and visiting the Borders to be healthier, happier and stronger.
Where to find us:
A: Live Borders, Melrose Road, Galashiels TD1 2DU
T: 01896 661 166
Opening hours: Mon – Fri 9.00-5.00
Customer care & complaints:
T: 01896 661 166
Freedom of Information enquiries
T: 01896 661 166