Tweedbank Sports Centre Gym
The Tweedbank Sports Centre gym is reopen.
We are excited to welcome you back to our facility and to make sure your visit is as safe as possible when we reopen. Initial opening will be under reduced hours to ensure your safety and measure demand, but we hope to extend hours going forward.
We have put new hygiene measures in place in line with Coronavirus regulations which we have rolled out across our other sites. Your cooperation, along with the safety measures and all the efforts from our staff, will help keep Tweedbank gym safe for everyone.
The video at the bottom of this email details the safety procedures we have put in place across our facilities, what you can do to prepare for your visit, and what to expect while you’re at the facility. Please take time to familiarise yourself with our new measures and some changes we have made.
The gym will be split across the current gym space and fitness studio to ensure social distancing requirements are met.
Please note, when checking-in for your gym session please use the reception area in the Bowls Hall. Our normal office check-in will be used for pitch/track bookings and to allow us for additional social distancing.
We are currently working on an alternate fitness class offering for Tweedbank users. More news on this will be announced soon.
Tweedbank gym opening hours from Monday 23 November
Gym slots available for booking
|Monday – Wednesday||Friday||Saturday|
Before you arrive at Tweedbank, you will need to:
- Check your online account is up to date or register a new account. Follow this link for a step by step guide.
- Book a one-hour time slot via the Live Borders website.
- Arrive on time. If you arrive early, you’ll need to queue outside and if you arrive late, you won’t be allowed access to the facility.
- Be changed into your gym wear, we will have no access to changing facilities and bags will not be permitted on the gym floor.
- Bring your own water bottle, towel and hand sanitiser, if possible.
Our staff will be doing everything they can to keep our facilities clean, but there are some measures that we’re asking you to help with…
When you attend the gym, we ask that you:
- Check-in for your session using the reception in the Bowls Hall.
- Observe the one-way system in place around the gym.
- Use the gym cleaning stations that have hand sanitiser, medical-grade disinfectant and sanitising gym wipes regularly.
- Thoroughly clean all equipment before and after use with the cleaning materials provided.
- Please refrain from moving equipment around the gym and always return to its original place after use.
- Conduct solo gym workouts. This means you will not be able to use any equipment that requires a spotter (unless from the same household).
Booking your session
For any gym session that you book, you’ll be given a one-hour time slot to ensure that everyone has a chance to visit our facilities. This time slot includes entering the building, conducting your activity and leaving the building.
The online booking platform for Tweedbank members is now live.
We thank you for your patience during these challenging times and look forward to seeing you back in the facility in the not to distant future!
From elite athletes to casual participants, the facility caters for all across a broad range of sports from athletics, hockey, indoor bowls or football. Other facilities include a gym and fitness studio offering multiple classes along with a Power Plate for those looking to improve mobility, recovery or injury.
For all fitness classes at this facility click HERE
Plan your visit
This is the equipment available to our members and customers:
Cardio: 2 x treadmills, 2 x rowing machines, upright bike, recumbent bike, 2 x cross trainers, step machine.
Weight equipment: Dumbells (2kg-35kg), 4 x medicine balls (5kg-6kg), 2 x free benches, 2 x Olympic bars, 2 x swiss balls, lat pull down/seated row (5kg-91kg), leg press (16kg-100kg), squat rack, abdominal machine (5kg-95kg), leg extension/curl (7kg-91kg), hip adductor/abductor (7kg-63kg), cable column (5kg-91kg), bench press.