Interested in volunteering?
Live Borders offers a range of volunteering opportunities in the addition to those highlighted below.
Our Board of Trustees are all volunteers contributing to the strategic direction and management of Live Borders; vacancies are advertised on our jobs page but please get in touch if you would like more information.
Our Community Centre Management Committees can always do with an extra pair of hands: to lead on management of the centre, support community groups and to deliver wider community benefits.
All our services rely on volunteers; we work with books, museum artefacts, children’s activities, arts, health and sport. If you can spare some time, please get in touch email@example.com
We are currently looking for volunteers to help lead and support the following Health activities:
- Walk Leaders to help support our new Walk and Talk Book Groups! Please get in touch if you have an interest in reading and walking, we are launching these walks later in the summer and need your help to do so.
- Walk Leaders to lead our Macmillan walks for people affected by cancer.
- Gentle Movement volunteers to lead our weekly classes for people affected by a long term health conditions. The class uses moves similar to Tai Chi and Qigong and is a relaxing sociable class.
What are we looking for?
- Reliability and good time keeping skills
- Open, warm, friendly manner
- Good communication and listening skills
What can you gain from this opportunity?
- Full training
- Regular support
- Develop skills
- Meet new people
- Help others
For more information and to apply please call Charlotte Jones: 0746917777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always looking to grow our extra-curricular programmes and to do this we need new volunteers to help us. Whether you can spare an hour or a few days, there is always something you can do. In particular, we are looking for support in running lunchtime and after school clubs – by offering a wide and varied programme, we hope to encourage as many pupils as possible to take part.
Full training and support would be given throughout your volunteering. An hour a week for six weeks, or assisting at a one-off festival, any contribution you could make would be greatly appreciated; we would make sure it worked for you, delivering only what you felt confident in delivering.
Volunteering can be an exciting, rewarding and enjoyable experience, which can offer opportunities to improve a whole range of social and interpersonal skills. If you are interested in helping inspire and develop the next generation, while building your own confidence and knowledge, please get in touch!
To find out more about volunteering in your area through Active Schools, please email Paul Scott – email@example.com.