2023 Triathlon Series Competitor Information
Welcome to the 2023 Live Borders Triathlon Series
All of the events are fully permitted by Triathlon Scotland and are run under British Triathlon rules, meaning they offer the following:
• Conform fully to the regulations set by Triathlon Scotland
• All events are fully insured
We use chip-timing at all of our events so that all participants have access to accurate race results quickly and efficiently.
Scroll down for 2023 Series points following the Eyemouth Events
Entries for all events close seven days prior to race day. There will be no exceptions, and entries are not available on the day.
The race briefing for each event will be posted on our website prior to race day, with any further updates or changes being relayed to competitors at registration and/or before the start of each swim heat. There will be staff available on the day to answer any questions you may have.
Should you wish to alter your swim time, please log in to your Entry Central account to access and alter your swim time and details.
It is YOUR responsibility to ensure your swim time is correct. This should be completed no less than seven days prior to the event you are competing in.
Failure to submit the correct swim time may result in being seeded in a swim heat either much faster or slower than anticipated.
Event Categories and Prizes
At each event the following prizes will be awarded for open and females.
Awards will be made to the first three Females and first three Open in each age category who have completed all three events.
Come & Tri
Sprint & Standard Triathlon
First Junior Female
First Junior Open
First Senior Female
First Senior Open
First Veteran Female
First Veteran Open
First Super Veteran Female
First Super Veteran Open
First Vintage Female
First Vintage Open
First Live Borders Member Female (New in 2023 – must be a members at time of competition)
First Live Borders Member Open (New in 2023 – must be a members at time of competition)
New for 2023 – Overall prizes will only be awarded for the whole series and not at individual events. The winners of the overall series will be awarded at Peebles, where the final event in the Series takes place.
To compete in the Overall Series, a competitor must compete in a minimum of four events. A competitors best four scores will be used for calculating the Overall Series winners. Duathlon results are included in the overall scores.
Each competitor is automatically entered into one of the above categories e.g. Senior or Vintage, according to the date of birth given on the entry form.
Spot prizes will also be awarded at every event.
Age as of 31 DECEMBER 2023
Junior: 16 – 21 years
Senior: 22 – 39 years
Veteran: 40 – 49 years
Super Veteran: 50 – 59 years
Vintage: 60+ years
Competitors are requested to attend presentations and agree to have their photo taken.
Series Points following Eyemouth events
Terms & Conditions
- Live Borders may have a photographer present at races. The photos taken will be used by Live Borders
to promote future events and will be managed accordingly.
- In the event of a competitor cancellation, please note no refund will be offered unless a valid medical
certificate can be produced.
- In the event of cancellation by the organisers, a full refund will, or entry to a future event, will be
given subject to availability.
Please do not enter this event without first carefully reading and considering the following:
- I accept that this event is conducted under BTF rules and conditions and I agree to acquaint myself with and abide by those rules and any organisers instructions.
- I am aware that my bicycle must be in a roadworthy condition and comply with BTF rules and am prepared to submit my bicycle for official scrutiny prior to the event.
- I know of no physical or medical impediment that would render my participation in this event undesirable.
- I understand that these events are an extreme test of a person’s physical and mental fitness and has with it the potential of death or serious injury or property loss. The risks of participation include, but are not restricted to, weather conditions, road traffic, behaviour of other participants, volunteer helpers, officials and spectators in and out of the event, dehydration, hypothermia, illness and the behaviour of animals.
- I hereby, aware of the above, assume the risks of participating in these events and on my own behalf and on the behalf of my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin and representatives.
- I agree to waive any claim and to release and discharge from any claim which I or they may have in respect of death, disability, injury, property loss or damage as a result of or while I am participating in this event the event organiser, directors, sponsors, officials, administrators or volunteer helpers.
- I agree to indemnify the persons mentioned immediately above for any or all liabilities or claims made against them as a result of my behaviour in this event. Said waiver, release, discharge and indemnify to extend liability for negligence under common or statute law.
- Participants must be aged 16 or over on the day of the event. *Applies to adult series events.
- Competitors/parents/guardians/accompanying adults must conduct themselves in a proper manner and not bring the sport into disrepute. Failure to carry out instructions from officials may lead to disqualification and/or action from the Home Nation Association and result in exclusion from future events organised by Live Borders.
- These events are being run under BTF rules. Please visit www.triathlonscotland.org/rule-book
- Fair Processing Information
Live Borders collects personal data which is required to fulfil our business functions relating to your booking, membership and inclusion on our mailing list(s) or in relation to specific business functions. Personal data is held only as long as necessary, and is kept to a minimum to meet business requirements.
You have the following rights related to your personal data:
• The right to request a copy of the personal data held about you
• The right to request that inaccuracies be corrected
• The right to request us to stop processing your personal data
• The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office or Fundraising Regulator
- In the event of the event having to be cancelled, competitors will have their entries transferred to another event in the series, or have their entry held over until the following year.
- Refunds will be given in the event of ill health once medical evidence has been provided or if restrictions are implemented which would not allow the event to take place. All refunds will be for the cost of the entry fee minus the online booking admin fee.