Time to scrum!
Rugby in the Borders is managed by Scottish Rugby, who, in partnership with Live Borders, has developed an infrastructure to develop and promote the game of rugby with the community clubs being at the centre of the process.
Scottish Rugby, through partnership with Live Borders, developed a vision and plan to give every women and girl the opportunity to participate in rugby at a level and environment appropriate to their individual aspiration and development needs, within the Scottish Borders.
As part of the #BeTheBestYou phase 2 initiative, the Scottish Borders was selected as one of the 11 Local Authorities, with 175* girls already engaged!
– All clubs to have a strong commitment to developing the best pathway for women and girls through collaboration across the Borders region.
– Develop visible and local female role models in playing, coaching and refereeing.
– Creation of a new identity for the Women and Girls rugby community within the Borders, to begin a culture shift.
– Creation of two centres, for girls across the region to come together to train and play by 2021.
– Establish a network of volunteers, coaches, referees and administrators to support the game.
– Support talented athletes in partnership with the clubs, BT Sport Academy and Live Borders.
For more information please contact Greig: firstname.lastname@example.org