Changes to our services from August 9
Please take a few minutes to read through the changes that will come into place from Monday 9 August. If you have any comments or queries please don’t hesitate to get in touch; firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes from Monday 9 August include:
- In line with Scottish Government guidelines, face masks will continue to be mandatory unless medically exempt. For the safety of customers and staff, face coverings must continue to be used in public areas of our buildings.
- We will continue to ensure that high levels of hygiene are maintained. Regular cleaning of our facilities will be carried out each day, with high touch points cleaned frequently by our staff.
- All of the hand sanitising stations located throughout our buildings will remain in use to enable customers and staff to maintain good hand hygiene.
- Ventilation remains important and we will continue to ensure fresh air circulates in indoor activity spaces to make your visit as enjoyable as possible.
- COVID one-way systems will be removed and you will no longer need to queue outside for your activity.
- Changing rooms will be available to use and this will include the use of showers and lockers.
- Showering is available and you may now shower with your wash products, shampoo etc.
- We still encourage customers to arrive ready changed where possible to save time and face coverings should be worn within changing areas wherever practicably possible.
- Pre-booking will be removed from our library buildings.
- Pre-booking will remain in place for gym, swimming, fitness classes and Museum visits.
Changes from Wednesday 18 August
- Most activities will have increased capacities due to the relaxation of social distancing requirements.
- Increased booking slots for the gym will be introduced (every 15 minutes). Booking slots will continue to be for a one hour session and longer sessions require an additional booking.
- It will continue to be recommended that members pre-book to avoid disappointment, however walk-ins will be allowed if there are spaces available.
- We may have moved activities and equipment to accommodate social distancing. In some cases, these will return to their original locations but will vary on a site by site basis. However, we remain committed to providing a safe, spacious environment for all visitors and gym equipment may not return to pre-covid layout/spacing.
- We will continually monitor demand for group exercise/fitness classes, and evolve the programme accordingly. The intention is to maintain some elements of distancing in group exercise classes, while gradually growing the capacity of certain classes in line with demand and on a site by site basis.
- In some cases the venue of group exercise will change. This varies on a site by site basis so please check with your centre for details.
- New pool programmes will be implemented from today providing additional public swim sessions and other activities.
- The numbers of people in each session will be increasing due to the relaxation of social distancing requirements and lane occupancies have been expanded. Lanes will revert back to single lanes with 5 swimmers allowed in each lane.
- Lanes continue to be categorised by pace and should be booked to suit your ability or session plan.
- Regular cleaning of our facilities will be carried out each day, with high touch points cleaned frequently by our staff; there is no longer the requirement to have closures between sessions.
- Please make sure you double check your booking slot as the session times will change slightly as the gaps between session are removed.
- The use of lockers will be compulsory at Swimming Pools. All belongings must be placed in a locker and not left in a cubicle. This allows the staff to carry out touch point cleaning. Our lockers are operated with a £1 coin or a token that you can purchase on site.
- Showering is available and you may now shower with your wash products, shampoo etc. We do ask that you are respectful to others by keeping your showering time to minimum.
- You will no longer need to queue outside for your session. We still encourage customers to arrive ready changed where possible to save time.
- Limited spectator seating will be available. We ask that you only sit within the area provided and a face covering must be worn whilst in the facility.
Sauna and steam rooms
- We hope to be able to re-open saunas and steam rooms as soon as possible and wait further updated guidance.
We are awaiting more detailed guidance from the Scottish Government before introducing any further changes to our operating arrangements. Please continue to check this page for further updates.